Transitioning from one living space to another has its challenges, but thus far, our relocation is going very smoothly. Those of you who have traveled with us for the past decade know how much we enjoyed living in our motor home; however, there are some noticeable differences that we’ve been experiencing…
- The washing machine holds more than 5 items of clothing!
- The dishwasher is not always me!
- You can indeed walk from one side of the bed to the other when changing the sheets!
- Both of us could fit in the shower – at the same time!
On the flip side, the other day Bill said, “Boy, you have to walk more than a few steps to get anywhere in here!” I assured him he’d adjust!
The weather thus far has not been real welcoming, but we are certainly making the most of it, exploring and learning in between the raindrops…
- We walked the Myrtle Beach boardwalk. Did you know that the Shag evolved here and is the official state dance?
- Have you ever been to Top Golf? Out of the blue, my friend and the best secretary anyone could ever ask for, Terry Hand Schweighofer, texted that she and her husband, Ray, were in Myrtle Beach. It was another rainy day so we met for lunch and then, instead of playing “real” golf, we went to Top Golf. Bill and I had never been and we had an awesome time! It was great practice since we haven’t played in a while and the various games you can play made it all the more fun! If you haven’t been there, I’d recommend you try it. It was wonderful to see Terry and Ray, and we hope to see them every time they come down.
- As the rain kept falling, we decided to go out for brunch on Valentine’s Day. We ventured to an area called The Market Common where we had a reservation at Tupelo Honey Cafe. As you can see, we had a delightful meal – truly scratch Southern cooking – from drinks to dessert and everything in between! Definitely a “go back to” place for us.
- Of course, every day – rain or shine – we find our way to Fitness Edge – and I have also discovered Pure Barre. Believe it or not today was a beautiful Tuesday – no rain, lots of sun and temps in the 60’s, so after the gym we walked the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk, a boardwalk expanse and pier along the saltmarsh, lined with restaurants and drinking establishments – only 3 miles from our home. The sun brought out a lot of people, but I can only imagine what it’s going to look like in the summer! We have already sampled several spots on the Marshwalk, and today we chose Mojo’s Marina Bar and Grille. Delicious lunch – fish, shrimp, beer and margaritas!
Bill has already received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and I’m scheduled for my first dose on Thursday. We continue to transition here in Murrell’s Inlet and look forward to the months ahead – hopefully filled with more sun than we’ve experienced so far!
Stay Calm and Travel On…