I know it seems like Bill and I have fallen off the grid, but indeed, we have not. We have had an extremely busy and somewhat stressful time since leaving North Carolina and traveling to South Carolina, which we did on January 1, 2021!
So what have we been doing, you ask? Why haven’t you heard from us? Well, after 11 years living full time in our beautiful motor home, traveling coast to coast and working in RV resorts and campgrounds, we have purchased a townhouse in Murrells Inlet, SC and with conflicting emotions, we have also sold our home on wheels.
Before closing on the house, we spent four weeks at Carolina Pines RV Resort in Conway, SC and lapsed back into our “foodie” routine, adhering to the newly discovered “Southern Food Pyramid.” If you are ever in the area be sure to visit the following food spots…
- Pickled Cucumber – A real southern restaurant in Conway where you pick a “meat” and then 1, 2, or three sides. Bill and I both opted for fried chicken – why not? – and mac n’ cheese. I chose fried okra while Bill enjoyed banana pudding. We met friends there with whom we worked in Sarasota many years ago – another example of the beauty of workamping – meeting people that you are connected to forever!
- The Saltwater Grille – A wonderful local restaurant right down the street from the RV resort – more fish than you could ever eat! We wish we had discovered it sooner!
Blueberry ‘s Grill – The ultimate breakfast spot in N. Myrtle Beach.
- Benito’s Brick Oven – Still being the NJ pizza snobs, we ate here twice, so it must have made the grade!
- The Library Restaurant – A fine dining experience compliments of Matthew Buesing and Nicole.
While up in Conway – about 30 miles north of Murrells Inlet – we also discovered the Riverwalk, an historical walking trail that meanders along the Waccamaw River past a marina, old rustic buildings, playgrounds, picnic areas and an inn.
We closed on the house on Thursday, January 27 and finalized the RV sale on the following Monday. Our POD of furniture from NJ arrived on Monday as well and was unloaded on Tuesday. It is now Super Bowl Sunday and we are totally unpacked – with pictures on the wall! We’ve met several neighbors and continue to settle in.
Either on a trip from the campground to the house or since we moved in, we’ve added to the culinary exploration…
- Dead Dog Saloon– located on the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk, a fun place boasting walls filled with hundreds of framed pictures of – you guessed it – customers’ dogs!
- River City Cafe – all we can say is…”It’s all about the burgers!”
- Frank’s Restaurant – We decided to stop on Tuesday after the movers were gone and celebrate. Several people had recommended this restaurant and it did not disappoint!
I must admit, it does feel good to have a home base and with being only 11 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, I know I will be happy. Tomorrow’s goal…join a gym!
Will we ever travel again… of course we will! We are even exploring workamping jobs that might provide a residence in much the same way that they offer workers a free RV site. Our wanderlust days are definitely not over! Stay tuned!
Stay Calm and Travel On…
5 thoughts on “And Yet Another Chapter Begins…”
Congratulations.,…will you continue to blog, I hope you will.
Enjoy your new home.
Congratulations on your new life style! We do hope you will find your way back to San Antonio sometime. Keep well and enjoy life!! Norena
Congrats on your new home.
Thanks Jean Hope you and Randy
Hope you and Randy are well and staying safe!